The taste of peanut butter and chocolate is something that one cannot express in words. Several companies, including Hershey, released pie-sized versions of Reese’s peanut butter cups. With Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, it would be wonderful to prepare these butter cups at home rather than bring them from the store!
But if you never had the chance to order one on time because these butter cups were selling faster than you could imagine, then a better way is to prepare them at home!
You can look up Reese’s peanut butter cups pie recipe online. You would be astonished to learn about the recipe because it is simple and requires only a few ingredients: baking chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
If you have never baked at home and are starting it now with the peanut butter cups pie recipe, then continue to read and learn how you can prepare these butter cup pies differently.
The Recipe: Crustless Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Pie
This delicious, no-bake pie is perfect for the summer months. The crustless peanut butter cups are a delightful addition to this dessert.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Unsalted butter, 8 tablespoons or 1 stick, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Stir sugar, salt, and flour in a medium saucepan.
- Add butter, stirring until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chocolate chips and cocoa powder until evenly distributed.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish (or use a 9-inch round pan).
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree and bake it for 10 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Reese’s cups.
How to Make the Reese Cups Filling?
Reese’s cups are a popular cupcake flavor, and the filling is often a mystery. This recipe has the perfect peanut butter cup filling to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a cupcake liner and grease a muffin tin.
- Mix the peanut butter and butter in a medium bowl until they are thoroughly blended.
- Next, add the salt, corn syrup, brown sugar, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and egg. Whisk together until well blended.
- Next, whisk the flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture in 3 additions alternating with the milk, mixing after each addition until every bit is just incorporated. You’ll end up with a slightly thicker batter than pancake mix.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin tin cups.
- Use a toothpick and check if it comes out clean after 20 minutes of baking.
- After cooling it for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan, serve with butter, peanut butter, honey, or sugar-free syrup.
The Pie Crust and Assembly Process
Let us teach you how to make a sugar-free pie crust and assemble Reese’s peanut butter cups pie in this section.
- First, you need to prepare the ingredients.
- Mix the almond flour and melted butter in a large bowl until it becomes a doughy consistency.
- Add in the water and mix until it forms a ball of dough.
- Wrap the ball of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour or two before rolling it out for use.
- Begin the assembly process by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 Celsius.
- Make a ball out of the chilled dough and roll it on a floured surface to turn it into a 12-inch round disk shape that is ⅛ inch thick.
- Use the rolling pin to transfer the disk onto a 9-inch pie plate.
- Use the parchment paper at the bottom and sides of the pie plate to ensure easy pie removal later.
- Add a crust on top of your peanut butter cups pie filling and cook it for about 15 minutes.
- Afterward, remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool completely before adding the chocolate ganache layer.
To make chocolate ganache:
- Combine 8 oz of high-quality bittersweet chocolate with ¼ cup of heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir cream and chocolate until they are melted.
- Then, keep aside the saucepan and allow it cool completely.
- Pour the cooled chocolate ganache into your pie crust on top of the peanut butter cup pie filling.
- Top with chopped toasted peanuts and chopped Reese’s pieces.
5 Delicious Desserts Inspired by Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
The peanut butter cups from Reese’s are perfect for any time of day. And here are the five sweet desserts that are perfect for you to enjoy!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies: Reese peanut butter cups chocolate chip cookies are an American classic. This treat is a favorite of children and adults alike. The Reese company has been producing this confection since the 1920s, and they have not changed their recipe. These cookies have a swirl of chocolate and peanut butter in the middle.
- Chocolate-dipped Reese Peanut Butter Cups Pie Popsicle: Reese peanut butter cups are a favorite of many. They’re delicious and fulfilling, but it’s hard to stop at just one. This recipe takes the classic Reese peanut butter cup and adds a chocolate coating to make it even more decadent. When the chocolate drips down to the bottom of the cup, it helps you feel like you’re eating a candy bar.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Pie ice cream cake: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Pie ice cream cake is an ice cream cake made with layers of chocolate wafer crust, milk chocolate ganache, crushed Reese’s peanut butter cups, and vanilla ice cream.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Pie Milkshake: Have a sweet tooth? If so, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Pie Milkshake is for you. This shake combines the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate indulgently. It is made with pecans and whipped cream, blended with ice cream and caramel sauce, and completed with a Reese’s Cup mini and whipped cream.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Pie Pancakes: These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Pie Pancakes are a perfect treat for breakfast or dessert. Made with chocolate waffles and topped with cream cheese frosting, this is a rich peanut butter cup lover’s dream.
The Benefits You Enjoy
The Reese’s peanut butter cups pie recipe is a great way to get everyone in your family in the kitchen and teach them how to make a dessert. It also tastes delicious!
The benefits of making the peanut butter cups pie at home include:
- You can handle the ingredients and make them healthier using whole wheat flour, less sugar, and less butter.
- It is easy to make with minimal cooking skills or experience.
- It tastes delicious!
It’s time to give your family the perfect holiday dessert with this Reese’s peanut butter cups pie recipe! They are bound to love the smooth and creamy texture with that yummy taste!