Cholesterol is a sticky wax-like substance found in the liver of an animal and found in animal products that humans love. Meats, poultry dairy products, and fish contain cholesterol. Our body needs cholesterol for many of its functions. Such purposes are: the insulation of nerves, create new cell membranes, and stimulate certain hormones. It is an extremely critical lipid in some membranes stems. One should note that the human body does not need animal cholesterol because the body produces its own. While cholesterol is a major player in having a healthy heart, cholesterol is presented with a build-up of plaque formation and leads to heart disease, stroke, and cardiovascular diseases. Cholesterol can be termed in two ways, good or bad cholesterol and can be further broken down into High (HDL) and low density (LDL) consecutively. HDL is good cholesterol. As mentioned before, our body produces this. According to (Tabas 2002), high cholesterol is America’s #! Killer AND an overload of cholesterol increases plaque formation in the bloodstream and the walls of the artery. This plague causes thickening of arteries making blood flow difficult to the heart difficult. It can lead to angina and severe chest pain, eventually, left untreated a heart attack or blood clot formation resulting in blood flow stopping completely.
Keeping Cholesterol Levels Down
Whenever there is too much low-density lipoprotein in the blood, it overflows into the blood vessels the build-up can also lead to life-threatening diseases such as atherosclerosis, this subtly underlies heart attacks. 102.8 MILLION Americans have a total BC values of 200 mg/dl and higher and 42.4 million have levels of 250mg/dl or above on measuring their cholesterol levels. Statin drugs are potent drugs in reducing LDL levels,. The drugs have few side effects. Online pharmacies like PricePro Pharmacy will ensure that your refill of Statin or what your doctor prescribed becomes readily available to you.
Some Factors that Affect Cholesterol Levels
Many factors affect Cholesterol Levels are:
- Diet: Reducing saturated and Trans fat from your diet is the best place to start. This reduction of Trans and saturated fats helps to lower cholesterol levels in your blood and aids in maintaining low levels.
- Weight: Apart from this being a bright red alert, for heart disease, it increases your levels. Loose weight – reduce LDL, triglycerides, and increase your HDL.
- Exercise-: Include a daily regimen of walking, swimming, jogging for at least 30 mins daily. Exercising decreases LDL and increases your HDL levels.
- Heredity: We cannot remove the genes we were born with; our genes are also responsible for the amount of cholesterol our body produces. High blood cholesterol can be genetic.
- Age & Gender: As we grow older, we must keep our cholesterol levels low, women generally have lower cholesterol levels than men until post-menopause.
A priority to lowering your blood cholesterol will be to eat lots of green leafy vegetables, diet, exercise, and consume lots of water. Do not eat any animal products. Take your medication. You can easily access all cholesterol-lowering medication at https://www.pricepropharmacy.com
Remember being healthy is the most desired wealthy commodity a human being can have.