How to pick a lock with a paperclip? Rarely, but have you ever forgotten your keys after locking the door? I guess you did. This situation is quite frustrating, and it also consumes a lot of time. Not only that, but it also takes a lot of money if you call a locksmith. So to avoid that, you need to know how to unlock it without a lock.
So today, in this article, we will discuss the ways you can unlock a lock without keys. There are several methods to do that, but in this article, we will discuss how to pick a lock with a paperclip. Just in case you forget your keys.
Let’s take a look at the ways you can pick a lock with a paperclip!
How to pick a lock with a paperclip?
Things you need to pick a paperclip –
- paper clips (preferably two paperclips)
- and of course, a lock
Description of the things and why you need them.
You need pliers to shape the paperclips
You need two paper clips for picking a lock.
- First, relax. You don’t need to panic. A lot. The more you panic, the more it’ll take time.
- Next, if you don’t have pliers, you can also use your nails and hand to shape the paperclip. It’s just that it will take a bit of time. But you can work with it at least.
- If you don’t have paper clips with you, rush to the nearest store to get yourself paper clips. Make sure you get yourself metal paper clips and not those cheap flimsy plastic paper clips.
- You need two paper clips to help you out with the whole process. First is to take one paperclip, open it completely, and now you will be left with a wire. Twist the wire and fold it. This will be your tension tool. It helps you create tension. Now hold it with minimal pressure with one of you’d finger. Now the second paperclip. Take the second clip and just unhook one end of a paperclip and make a very small curve to its tip. Now that will work as a pick.
- Now the real test. Take the tension tool that you just made out of a paperclip and insert it at the lock opener. Now take the pick tool that you just made and start picking the lock. It will take a bit of patience, but you can do it cause not like it’s some kind of rocket science. Now, after you finish picking, take out the picking tool and twist the lock with your tension tool, and voila! You unlocked the lock just with a paperclip.
This is the method of picking a lock with a paperclip.
How to master this skill like a pro?
Wondering this? Don’t worry, here’s what you need to do. You need to buy a transparent lock and practice unlocking it with a paperclip. Like this, you can practice and get better with time. It is just a tactic, so to get better at it, you need to learn it properly. And with the help of a transparent lock, you can easily see through what you are doing and have a clear idea of how to pick it and where to pick it.
The result is extremely satisfying.
During an emergency, if you don’t get two paper clips, then you can use one paperclip, cut it with a plier and use it. But to end the process fast, you need two paper clips; this is just a backup way.
How to pick a car lock with a paperclip?
There are times when we lock the car, and we forget the key inside. This is a very frustrating and very annoying thing to experience, but we have a solution to it. You can also unlock your car lock with a paperclip.
Things you need:-
Pliers (if you have access to them)
A car. Obviously.
Now the first step is to straighten the paperclip, and it should look like a hairpin. You can use your hands as well but just be careful. This will work as your pick. Now place the pick accordingly.
Now try to move the pick up and down continuously. It is quite time-consuming but doesn’t lose your patience and try to work with it. This will ensure the lock is in the right place. Now rotate the pick, and that should unlock your car. Make sure you don’t get too harsh on it because that might destroy your lock.
Also, make sure you use a good quality metal paperclip to ensure that you don’t break it inside the lock while picking it.
How to pick a lock with a penny?
I was a bit skeptical about this trick, but I saw people trying this trick and it kind of worked. But this works for doors with a jamb on them. Doors that come with its inbuilt lock.
If your door is locked somehow and you’re locked in it, then you need to learn this trick.
Take a small penny and try to rotate the lock pin. Now remove the penny and unlock the door. There you go. You unlocked the door with a penny. But this trick won’t work if the door is locked with a key and if the penny is way too big and thick.
How to pick a master lock?
There are many ways to unlock or pick a master lock. The only way to open a master lock is by raking it. This includes the previous process mentioned that you will need two paper clips. One to create tension and the other to pick a lock. Each key comes with a different height and shape. These master lock come with a pin. More pin means more security and a higher time it will take for you to open the lock. This is the lock mechanism you need to know.
Now you can crack the lock with the same process. Use a sturdy paperclip, so it doesn’t break inside.
How to pick a lock with a needle?
Sometimes nothing works in front of a lock. So you need to use a needle in case of that. You can use a needle to pick a lock and unlock it. This method is widely used and is quite effective if you can use it properly.
For this process, you will need two needles.
Take a plier and chop off a bit of piece from a needle. Now use both the needles to unlock. Use one needle a tension. Give minimal pressure to it. Now take one more needle to pick the lock. Now rotate the lock, and that should do the job.
This will do the job. There you go. But again, you need to learn the trick, and it will improve with practice. Make sure the needle is fragile, and you don’t break it while you work with it. Hold one needle with your finger and apply minimal pressure to it. Now pick the lock with another needle and rotate it.
How to pick a combination lock?
You can pick a combination lock with no tools.
These kinds of locks makes it difficult to unlock as it comes with codes. This method is a trial and error method.
For 3 digit lock –
- While testing out the codes, apply downward pressure constantly from the shake to the body.
- Test each wheel to find the one with the most resistance once.
- Listen carefully. Listen to the click sounds it makes.
- Turn the wheel and wait. Observe. In this kind, the lock moves down slightly. Repeat the same process for all the wheels. Please wait for the click sound it makes.
- If two digits matched (as you will understand if the body of the lock comes down or makes a click sound).
- For the last wheel, try a trial and error method. Wait and observe after turning the wheel. Don’t rush with it.
- The last one will match easily. Voila! You unlocked it. This may take some time, though.
Household items used for picking a lock –
- hairpin/bobby pin
- safety pin
Make sure you exert less force and pressure comparatively, as too much pressure can destroy your lock. If nothing works, consult a locksmith. But I’m sure these tricks will work if applied properly.
So it’s time to wrap things up and our article on how to pick a lock with a paperclip. These tricks are shared for emergency purposes and for you to get rid of a problematic situation. During these situations, it is important that you don’t lose your cool and you work with things calmly and patiently.
Hopefully, this you lose irrelevant to your search, and it was helpful. Don’t forget to use these tips and tricks while you are in trouble. Practice these tips during your leisure so that these tricks come in handy when you are in trouble. Let us know your views on this, and till then, take care and stay safe.