Overview of Pilates Workout
Frequency of Pilates Exercise
Pilates Effect on the Body
Research Studies on Pilates
- Weight loss
- Toning of the waist
- Lowering of BMI
- Reduction in hip and abdomen circumference
Calories You May Burn from Pilates
Common Pilates Exercises Aim to Weight Loss
- To start, you have to take a plank position on an exercise mat.
- Keep your hands below your shoulders and feet while extending your arms.
- Keep your core muscles engaged by jumping your both legs open and going back together.
- You should continue with jumping in and out by keeping the back flat. Besides, you should avoid dropping your hips down.
Repeat the process to a maximum of 20 seconds to begin. You may make the process-intensive by extending your duration to up to 60 seconds or moving at a fast rate.
- Lay on your stomach in a flat position and keep your legs straight and forehead down.
- Stretch the arms straight, and keep the feet pointed to pull your abdomen in the inside direction.
- Lift the legs, arms, head, and chest on a single count and hold them for a while.
- Alternatively, you may do the same exercise with your left leg first and then with your right one. During the entire process, you should exhale and inhale normally.
- You should count up to 10 and repeat your moves gradually.
- Create a V shape with your legs, back, and head by lying on an exercise mat.
- Hold your V position for about 5 seconds and relax for a while.
- Repeat the same procedure and do a minimum of 10 repetitions of the exercise.
- Lie on the back by layering your hands and keeping your palms one on the other behind the head.
- Bend the knees to bring the shins in an upward direction.
- Engage the torso by inhaling and touch the right elbow towards your left knee. You should make sure to straighten the right leg in the forward direction and hold it above a few inches from the pilates mat.
- Exhale to return to your previous position.
- Repeat the same procedure on your other side of the body.
Regular practice of pilates retains your overall health and maintains a healthy body weight. However, if you ask if pilates goes od for weight loss, we should say that merely pilates exercises may not give you the required result. Instead, you have to combine it with other weight loss exercises, like walking, running, cycling, and cardio or Zumba exercises. Other than that, you have to follow a healthy diet plan by including green veggies and fruits in your regular meals.