Acne is a common problem among people. According to a survey, 85% of young people have this issue. That’s the reason why they have issues with whiteheads and blackheads. Well, so many people don’t know the whitehead VS blackhead difference. If you are one of them, you have to read this article.
You see, most people can have acne issues. However, if you follow the proper precaution, you can prevent it. In this article, we are sharing the basic differences between whitehead and blackhead. Moreover, we will also share how to remove and daily care process of acne. Let’s find out.
What is Whitehead?
As we noted above, a whitehead is a form of acne. It can appear as a small and round bump on your skin. There are various causes of whiteheads. For example, it can occur when a pore is clogged. The whitehead appears when the pore is covered with a layer of skin.
According to a survey, more than 40 million people face acne every year in the US. Most of these people have issues with whiteheads. You see, whiteheads can have different sizes. However, they are not painful at all.
What is Blackhead?
Just like whiteheads, a blackhead is also a small bump on the skin. It happens because of clogged follicles. However, blackheads are a mild type of acne. In most cases, they occur on the face. Although it can appear on several parts of your body such as the back, neck, chest, arms, and shoulders.
As we mentioned above, blackheads are a form of clogged follicles. It happens because of dead skin cells and other things. On the other hand, it also depends on your lifestyle. For example, it can happen when you produce too much body oil.
Moreover, it can happen due to the food habit. If you eat too many dairy products, it can increase your blood sugar level. As a result, you can have blackheads on your face or body.
Whitehead VS Blackhead: How to Remove
Now, you know the basics of whitehead VS blackhead. No matter if you have blackhead acne or whitehead acne, you have to be careful from the beginning. The good thing is you can remove it by following some steps. In the following, we will cover how to remove whiteheads and blackheads.
How to Remove Whitehead
The good thing is there are so many ways to remove your whiteheads. To get the best result, you have to apply some methods. Let’s find out how to remove whiteheads:
- The best way to remove your whiteheads is by using a pore clarifying cleanser. When you try this method, it can help you reduce oil from your skin.
- If you have oily skin, you have to keep cleaning clothes all day. The same goes when you sweat a lot.
- Removing makeup is also essential if you want to reduce whiteheads. It can protect your skin from excess bacteria.
- Another good way to remove whiteheads is using an exfoliating scrub. Make sure you use it once a week.
How to Remove Blackhead
Now, you know how to remove whiteheads in this whitehead VS blackhead comparison. Well, you can also remove blackheads by following some steps. Let’s find out how to start the process:
- Just like whiteheads, you can use exfoliators and cleansers to get rid of blackheads.
- Using pore strips can be the best way to remove a blackhead. Hence, it can be an immediate solution in this case
- If you have oily skin, you can use a facial mask with clay that can help you. On the other hand, you can also use a charcoal facial mask
- Make sure you use non-comedogenic makeup. So, it can prevent blackheads.
How to Prevent: Whitehead VS Blackhead
No matter if you have whiteheads or blackheads, it can cause several issues. However, you can prevent these things if you are following some essential steps. So, we will share some methods to prevent these issues in this whitehead vs blackhead comparison.
One of the best ways to prevent acne is to clean your face regularly. You should clean your face once in the morning and once at night daily. It’s more essential when you have oily skin. On the other hand, you have to wash your face more if you work out.
Besides cleaning your face, you have to maintain a good diet. So, make sure you include low-glycemic carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats in your diet. Moreover, you can also add foods with antioxidants.
Well, you should also add a skincare routine. It’s more essential for people with oily skin. Plus, don’t forget to keep cleansing wipes while going outside.
Daily Care of Whitehead And Blackhead
Now, you know how to remove and prevent whiteheads and blackheads. However, you can do these things by following a daily care process. In the following list, we will share the process:
- Keep your skin, especially your face clean. It can solve a lot of problems
- Instead of face cleaning, you can use facial wipes
- Washing your face with lukewarm water can be very beneficial
- Always try to clean all your makeup before going to bed
- No matter what happens, never squeeze your blackheads or whiteheads
- Besides maintaining the daily skin care routine, you have to eat less oily food
- Blackheads and whiteheads have so many similarities. If you can’t solve this issue on your own, you can contact a good dermatologist.
Finally, you know the whitehead VS blackhead difference. We have shared all the points in this article. If you have the issue for the first time, you have to be careful from day one. If you want more information, you can also do your research. Hence, you can contact an expert as well.
Q: How do I know if I have blackheads or whiteheads?
A blackhead is a small black dot while a whitehead is a white bump on the skin. You can easily identify them by their color.
Q: Is it okay to squeeze out blackheads?
No, you shouldn’t squeeze out your blackheads. You see, a blackhead is not that harmful but you can have several problems by squeezing acne.
Q: What happens if you don’t remove whiteheads?
If you have too many whiteheads, you have to remove them as soon as possible. If you don’t, your skin can get inflamed. It can also create problems if you squeeze your pimples.
Q: Can whiteheads turn into blackheads?
Yes, your whiteheads can turn into blackheads when you go outside. On the other hand, whiteheads can oxidize after exposure to air.