Apple Cider Vinegar can be consumed for Acid Reflux. But are you aware of how acid vinegar is made? Or how is it consumed? Does Acid Cider Vinegar help you get rid of Acid Reflux? We will help you know all you need to know about Apple Cider Vinegar and Acid Reflux, even how Apple Cider Vinegar cures your Acid Reflux Problem! There might be many other questions and doubts in your mind. Let’s see how much can be cleared from this blog. We hope that we have covered all the necessary information that you need to know about how apple cider vinegar for acid reflux works wonders!
Apple Cider Vinegar is Wonder!
Apple Cider Vinegar is made from the fermentation of apple juice. So how is it exactly made? Can you make it at home, or is it available anywhere else? Well, don’t you worry! You can either prepare your own Apple Cider Vinegar or buy it from online stores or go to your nearest grocery store to avail of it. But now how to prepare it at home? It looks like a big task, but actually, it is not!
To prepare Apple Cider Vinegar at home, follow these given steps in chronological order:
- Wash the apple with regular water.
- Cut it into slices or in any way you want.
- Put the sliced apples into a grinder to get apple juice.
- Get some bacteria and yeast for alcoholic fermenting apple juice.
So here, in the first stage of fermenting Apple Cider, the sugar content of the apple juice gets converted into alcohol. And in the second stage, the alcohol gets converted into vinegar due to acetic-acid-containing bacteria. Therefore, when malic Acid and Acetic Acid are mixed together, it gives us vinegar.
Acid Reflux is mainly caused by the indigestion of food. The food, when it creates acidity in your stomach, tends to move up your diaphragm and then reaches your esophagus. The burning sensation in your esophagus causes Acid Reflux. There are diseases if you have constant symptoms of acid Reflux. That is called Hital Hernia.
Well, how will you know if you have Acid Reflux or not? There are causes that can help you understand. What are those, then? Let’s see!
- If you have eaten more than you usually eat and they immediately lie over your bed.
- Suppose you are more than the weight from the average weight. It can create more indigestion then.
- If you have the habit of eating snacks just before sleep can create Acid Reflux.
- If you smoke on a daily basis
- Some drinks at an odd time can also cause it.
- During pregnancy
- There are some foods that can cause indigestion and do not suit your food intake.
Symptoms of Acid Reflux
There are some symptoms to understand if you have Acid Reflux or not. Let us see what are those symptoms then:
- One of the most common effects can be a burning sensation near the heart or the stomach, or the esophagus. The burning sensation can be felt right from the chest that is from below the abdomen, running towards the throat. It can be quite painful to you.
- When you have Acid Reflux, you will feel that the food intake by you is coming back up to your throat. The taste of the food will start to be felt over the tongue as a sour or bitter flavor.
- Bloating is also one of the symptoms which makes your stomach feel tight and packed.
- You might vomit blood due to the acidic impact on your esophagus
- Constant burp will start to happen when you have acid reflux.
- You might feel that food has got stuck in your throat.
- You will start to have constant hiccups as well.
These are all you need to know about Acid Reflux and its causes and symptoms. Now you know what can cause Acid Reflux and how you will understand if you have Acid Reflux.
How Apple Cider Vinegar for Acid Reflux Cures You?
Acid Cider Vinegar is mostly drunk for weight losses, sugar control, and controlling of blood level, et cetera. But did you know drinking Apple Cider Vinegar can help you cure your Acid Reflux?
Since vinegar contains acid, it can also burn your food pipe. So instead of drinking it raw, you can mix apple cider vinegar with one glass of water. You can stir it with a spoon and drink it before or after your meals. Then you will feel that after some time, some relief is felt. But if you have a severe burn in your chest or food pipe, then you should avoid consuming Apple Cider Vinegar.
Disadvantages of Consuming Apple Cider Vinegar for Acid Reflux
Since Apple Cider Vinegar is acidic in nature, therefore, during mild or severe burning sensation, you should not drink it since it will create a more acidic combination in your stomach and lead to some other problem. It is also advised not to drink raw Apple Cider Vinegar since Acid can damage your teeth’ enamel. Instead, you should mix Apple Cider Vinegar with water and make a dilute solution out of it to drink.
If by any chance you are under any medications, you need to consult a doctor before starting to consume Apple Cider Vinegar. This is because the acidic nature of the Apple Cider Vinegar can cause adverse reactions to the medicines you have been consuming.
Other Ways to Reduce Acid Reflux
There are always other ways to reduce Acid Reflux rather than Apple Cider Vinegar. Are these methods helpful at all? Everything has a different effect on anyone, so it depends on how your body reacts to it. Since Apple Cider Vinegar has its own risks and intake, you can always try something else to cure your Acid Reflux.
What are the other ways, then? Let us see some of the different ways then:
- Since you are aware that having weight more than the average weight for your body can also cause Acid Reflux, you can then try to lose some of your body weight. Make sure you have the ideal body weight. For that, you have to maintain healthy eating habits and make a diet plan. Then you can attain the weight you want.
- The one thing that is very important is to quit smoking. Once you start to quit smoking, you will see the constant burning sensation has stopped. Maybe it will take time to quit, but to get rid of the sensation, you have to start quitting now itself. Start slowly so that soon you can see the progress in your body.
- While sleeping, make sure your head is more lifted up than your body. So that while you lie down, you won’t feel the food going up after that. The acidic Reflux will tend to slow down and get back to the stomach. As you soon lie down after eating, that’s when indigestion happens. Therefore, if you are planning to lie down after having your meal, try to keep your head lifted with the help of pillows or something else that might make you feel comfortable.
- You should start wearing clothing that appears to be loose near your stomach. If the clothes are tight around your stomach or waist, it will put pressure on your belly. Then the food you just ate will try to get some space, and they tend to move up the food pipe. Then the undigested food will make a burning sensation over your throat and chest. Thus, it is advisable not to wear tight clothes, especially around your belly.
- The way you eat needs to be changed. If you don’t have well-behaved food eating habits also, it can also cause Acid Reflux. There are many who eat while lying down. That is not at all a good habit. You should try eating at regular intervals rather than eating all the time or not having the proper timing for consuming your food. Make sure you have a proper food timetable maintained and practice habits that will not lead you to have Acid Reflux.
With this, we have come to the end of our blog! Now you are very well aware of what acid Reflux is and how Apple Cider Vinegar can help it curet. Curing may or may not be possible in every case. But it surely reduces the impact of Acid Reflux over your chest or food pipe. You know that everything that you use or consume comes with both advantages and disadvantages. So, when in doubt regarding heath, you can always consult your doctor for a piece of advice.
For getting rid of the burning sensation, you can always try Apple Cider Vinegar. Either you can make it at home or buy it from an online purchase or your nearby grocery store. It is readily available, so definitely you don’t need to think much about it. Follow what is required to be followed. Know the advantages and risks involved and take the steps that you want to take. Let us know if you got the information that you needed to know or not. Also, share this blog with others who want to know about Apple Cider Vinegar for Acid Reflux!