Who does not enjoy a smoothie? Everyone likes it, obviously! But how to make a smoothie with yogurt? The smoothies can be made from fruits or some other milky product like cream, cheese, milk, Yogurt, etc. But are you aware of different recipes using Yogurt to make smoothies? We guess you don’t know the recipe! Don’t worry at all, and we got your back right with the help of this blog! If you want to know the ingredients and if any other questions or doubts in your mind. Then stay throughout the blog to get all your answers. Mow, let’s jump into the blog right away and find out how to make a smoothie with yogurt!
A smoothie you can drink at home or outside at some juice vendor’s place or some café. But what you will make at home is healthier to be consumed. The drink has its main ingredient as some liquid which can be mixed with some other ingredients that you wish to like. You can always try to do some experiments with your smoothie if you wish. Add on-s are also quite good when it comes to a smoothie.
But why is Yogurt used as an ingredient in a smoothie? You might think it is a weird combination, but it is actually not. Yogurt can fill your empty stomach within some time if had is a good amount. It is just supposed to be tasty. If you like having milky products, you will definitely like some smoothies with Yogurt. But how to make it? In the next part of the blog, let us see some recipes that show you how to make a smoothie with Yogurt!
How to Make a Smoothie with Yogurt As the Main Ingredient?
How to make a smoothie with yogurt? Well, this recipe of smoothie has no added sugar or any other juice. What all you taste in it is all the blended mixture of the ingredients. Now, what are the ingredients that you have to blend together to get a smoothie? To begin with, the main ingredient is Greek Yogurt. With it, you can add some strawberries and mangoes. If you wish to, you can add some other fruit to it as well. To get a more natural sweet taste, add bananas as well. Now to blend it into a smoothie, add milk so that the blending gets easier and smoother.
Once done, pour it into a glass and serve it. If you want, you can add some ice cubes to make your smoothie colder. Also, with the sweetness of the fruits, you can add some sour taste of lemon by squeezing over the smoothie. And stir it well. Your Smoothie with Yogurt is ready then!
How to Make A Smoothie With Yogurt Using Different Ingredients?
Since smoothie with Yogurt is itself really healthy, you can also try to make it healthier. Since Yogurt contains Protein in it, you drink the smoothie daily. You can say that you are having a protein shake and making your eating lifestyle healthy.
Let’s see how to make a smoothie with yogurt and other different ingredients:
- Along with Yogurt, you can add some dry fruits if you wish, like in your smoothie. Dry fruits such as cashew, almonds, pistachio, dried apricots, et cetera. You can mix it with your smoothie and get it healthier than before.
- You can always grind some mint or basil leaves with your smoothie. A difference of taste along with sweetness can be felt over your tongue.
- Some chopped and grated ginger can add a hinge of spiciness in your smoothie as well. So, while making the smoothie, blend it along with the other ingredients.
- You can also use grated coconut or ground coconut. Also, coconut milk can be used as an ingredient as well. That will give your smoothie a very different and epic taste for sure.
How to Make A Smoothie With Yogurt Substitutes?
There are always substitutes for everything. Like that, even smoothies with Yogurt have its own substitute. It will never go worst. You always need to try something new. Different tastes bring different wonders to your taste buds. So, let’s see what else can we try different from Yogurt:
- Do you know about Coconut Cream? Yes! Right there, it hits in your taste buds thinking about it! So, what you can do is get this coconut cream and blend it with the other ingredients instead of Yogurt. This will give you a different flavor to try out!
- When you hear Chia seeds, you will definitely be making a face. You are caught! Don’t worry, and we will tell you how to prepare a smoothie with the help of chia seeds as well. All you need to do is put 1 or 2 tablespoons of chia seeds into the water for approximately 10 minutes. After that, you will see that the texture of these chia seeds has changed. Now take it and blend it well with the other ingredients. You must be thinking about where the smooth texture of the smoothie will come from. But in reality, the chia seeds which you put into water become thickening and give a better and smooth texture.
Some More Ways!
- Instead of Yogurt, you can try Almond Milk Yogurt. This is quite a bit different from the Yogurt you usually use. So, when you blend it with the smoothie, the texture might appear the same as the yogurt smoothie you drink. But the taste will vary. The taste variation actually has a taste of a mixture of Yogurt, milk, and almonds. You will get proteins and nutrients at the same time.
- You can always try a different mixture of fruits and make your own type of smoothie. In the market, you get many fruits like banana, avocado, apple, dragon fruit, et cetera. All you need is to blend the fruits with some cream and milk, and your tasty smoothie will be ready. If you want, you can add on some dry fruits as well to make your smoothie more delicious and nutritious.
Benefits of Yogurt
When you consume something, you always think if it’s good for your health or not. You don’t want to consume something that has no benefits to your health on a regular basis. It is as equal as waste. So why do you have to consume Yogurt every day then? Is it okay to consume it with a smoothie?
How to make a smoothie with yogurt? When it comes to a smoothie, you blend the Yogurt with different fruits or dried fruits. So, it automatically becomes healthy. But what makes Yogurt healthy for you specifically? Let us see some of the benefits of having Yogurt!
A high content of Protein
Yogurt is known to have a high content of Protein. If you are lacking Protein in any way, you can always consume Yogurt with a smoothie rather than having it raw. You get a different taste and enjoy your smoothie. Tasty and healthy at the same time. But if you are confused to choose between regular Yogurt and Greek Yogurt, you should always go for Greek yogurt since it contains more Protein than regular Yogurt.
It helps in Digestion
There have been results where people were having indigestion. Consuming Yogurt after your meal can help you in a clear stomach and better Digestion. For that, you should have Yogurt after your meals in case you are having problems with indigestion. So, you won’t always like to have plain Yogurt, right? Instead, you can make smoothies with Yogurt and consume. Healthy and tasty at the same time!
A better heart
It has been seen recently that consuming Yogurt helps you control a high level of blood pressure. How does it help is still unknown! But as a matter of fact, if you are not gluten intolerant, try to consume Yogurt almost whenever you can as it is an easy way to control your blood pressure. Since a high level of blood pressure is the cause of heart risk, and if it can be controlled with the help of Yogurt. Then it should be consumed almost whenever you can.
When it comes to nutrition, it contains calcium, vitamins as well as phosphorous, as you are aware that calcium is beneficial for everyone’s bones as well as teeth. That means consuming Yogurt can help to gain more calcium. Even vitamin like B12 is also there in Yogurt. So, now you know that you should be consuming Yogurt almost every day. To have a different taste, you always blend your smoothie with Yogurt. You will definitely get the benefits of Yogurt in it like you would get it from eating raw.
With this, we have come to the end of our blog! Now you are well aware of how to make a smoothie with Yogurt, along with other necessary information that you need to know. We hope that all your questions and doubts have been cleared! From this blog, you also got to know different ingredients that can be used with Yogurt to make a smoothie. Also, substitutes to replace Yogurt while making smoothies as well. Let us know if you like what you read today or not! Also, share this blog with others who are looking forward to making smoothies with Yogurt and wanting to know more.