When you remain fit, you can enjoy your life to the fullest. In today’s busy world, physical and mental fitness play a crucial part in our lives. You can also avoid many health problems when you are physically and mentally fit. Moreover, when you are fit and healthier, then less chance, you will get prone to any disease. Present society is moving into a sedentary lifestyle, and performing daily activity helps you maintain body weight. When it comes to fitness, having a flat belly is something everyone mostly desires. Whether you want to create an aesthetic appeal or increase core strength, you need to maintain discipline and dedication to get a flat stomach. You have to perform specific types of flat stomach workout that can help in achieving your desired goals.
You can carry out several exercises to burn your belly fat to tone your abs along with muscle building. Guys put effort into their belly fat when they want to get fit. It helps to obtain a smart appearance and minimizes the chances of health risks involving diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. By shedding the extra pounds from your stomach area will strengthen your core muscles, giving it a perfect shape.
If you dream of getting a flat belly, then it’s time to think of carrying out an effective flat stomach workout to achieve a perfect body with a toned belly shape. According to studies, having a flat belly creates a positive effect on a person’s mood and appearance. It would help if you had the patience to get that perfect body shape with less fuss. So, focus on your abs because it can genuinely protect your health.
Why belly fat occurs?
There are plenty of reasons for that extra padding around your belly. Commonly fats get stored in your tummy due to overall obesity, wrong workouts, digestive problems, energy imbalance, low metabolism, and stress. All these factors promote in accumulating stomach fats. When you stress, due to hormonal changes, it leads to weight gain, further creating bulges. Estrogen causes accumulation of fats around the thighs, hip, and stomach in women creating an odd figure.
The necessity of strong core
When you think of boosting your core strength, it is necessary to look beyond aesthetics. Core strength plays a significant role in your daily life, along with body movement. By having a strong core, you can avoid injuries, specifically in knees and hips. The core involves your abdominals, glutes, and lower back muscles. These core muscles move next to your front stomach, so it is highly essential to build a strong core. With the help of a flat stomach workout, you can efficiently work on your core strength.
Flat stomach workout
You can follow this effective flat stomach workout to achieve perfect body shape. Choose the best ones suitable for your daily routine.
This is considered as the core workout that helps to define abdominal muscles for having a toned body.
- To carry out this workout, you need to lie down on the floor or use a mat for comfortability.
- Bend your knees, hip-width apart, and put your hands back on your neck.
- Lift your upper body a few inches from the floor by using abdominal muscles.
- Keep your neck straight pause for a few seconds.
- Repeat this process 15 times.
To perform this workout, you need to:
- Lie down back on the floor and bend the knees, keep heels flat on the floor.
- Put your hands back on the neck, locking the fingers and point the elbows outward.
- Lift your knees, forming a 90 degree, and then raise the upper body a little from the floor.
- Move the left elbow towards your right knee, keep leg straight, and pause.
- Come to the starting position, and then move your right leg towards the left knee, keeping it straight.
- Rotate your trunk in the above direction.
- Perform 2-3 sets
Double leg lift
The double leg lift is a great abdominal workout that works on both upper and lower abdominal muscles. These are ideal for building core strength.
- Lie down on your back, raising the legs towards the ceiling with toes pointed.
- Keep your hand behind your neck with elbows wide and chest open. Raise your shoulders to a few inches from the floor.
- Inhale and slowly lower your legs to 45 degrees pause for a few seconds.
- Exhale and lift your legs back to the straight position.
- Perform this workout for 8-10 times.
This exercise helps in boosting your core and abdominal strength. It works wonderfully for reducing belly fat.
- You can begin this workout by lying down on the floor and bending the knees firmly on the floor to keep your lower body steady.
- Put your hands back behind the ears; do not pull your neck.
- Exhale and lift your upper body towards the knees. Inhale and slowly lower your body to the initial position.
- Repeat it for 10-15 times.
When you plan to lose your belly fat, it is essential to work on as many muscles as possible. Burpee is an explosive workout that can help you to burn fats accumulated around your stomach.
- Start this workout by standing straight with feet and shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down and place your palms firmly on the floor, making a push-up position.
- Perform one push-up, jump to the squat position, and then initial position.
- While jumping, throws your arms backward.
- Do this 15-20 times.
Also known as ‘Navasana,’ it is beneficial for a flat stomach workout targeting core and spinal muscles.
- Make a seating position with the help of your tailbone.
- Lift your legs into the air creating a V shape.
- Put your arms straight parallel to the ground. Remain in this position for 1 minute and release your body.
- Repeat this exercise for 2-3 times.
The windshield wiper is a traditional abs workout that helps in boosting core strength. This exercise targets oblique muscles as well as overall body core.
- By lying down on your back, keep the legs straight stretched towards the ceiling.
- Place your arms straight by your sides.
- Squeeze your abs to the left side bringing toes down touching the ground. Switch your position and do it on the right side.
- Do it for at least 10 times.
This helps you in moving dynamically throughout your workout that leads to a toned belly.
- Bring your body into a tabletop position, putting body weight on the hands and toes. Keep your spine straight.
- Lift your right arm straight forward while simultaneously lifting your left leg, searching backward parallel. Stick into that position for a few seconds and then come to the initial position.
- Repeat this movement with your left arm and right leg. This counts as one repetition.
- Do this work out 10 times.
Plank is the best flat stomach workout that works on the rectus abdominal, abs, and core muscles. You must include this in your abs workout plan.
- The plank position starts with facing your forearms and toes down on the floor. The elbows should be under your shoulders along with forearms faced in the front direction.
- Keep your head down and relax.
- Lift your body straight without bending the toes and legs width-apart. Do not lift or sag your hips in-between.
- Try to hold this position up to 30 seconds and then release your body. Eventually, increase the time to 60 seconds or 1 minute.
You can also try some other variations of plank such as:
A- Plank with a leg lift
For this exercise, carry out the same plank position mentioned above and slowly lift one a few inches from the floor, pause for a few seconds, and switch your leg. Repeat this 10 times.
B- Plank with an arm lift
Another way to do a plank is by adding an arm lift. Begin with the same plank position. Keep your body weight on the left forearm and raise your right straight towards the front. Pause for 3 seconds and switch arms. Do 2-3 sets.
To carry out this workout, you have to:
- Begin with lying on your back and straighten out your legs.
- Keep your hands straight facing downwards by your sides on the floor.
- By engaging your core muscles, raise your legs straight up towards the ceiling. Keep your upper body firm on the floor.
- Slowly put down your legs to the original position.
- Repeat for 60 seconds.
You can begin this workout by:
- Making a forearm plank position ensuring your elbows are in a straight line under your shoulders.
- Make sure your entire body is straight with core engagement.
- Lower your right hip towards the ground, making it almost touch. Come to the initial position and carry out the exercise on the opposite side.
- Switch your hips back and forth for 10 times.
Straight leg sit-up
This is an old-school flat stomach workout that can help in reducing belly fat.
- Lie down on the ground and cross your arms over the chest. The legs must be straight to the ground. Do not bend or lift it.
- Raise your upper body using core muscles into a 90-degree sit-up position.
- Return to the initial position and perform the exercise 10 times.
To carry out this workout:
- First, get into a higher plank position keeping the wrists firm on the ground. Make a straight line from shoulders to your toes with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Please bring a towel and place it under your toes. Use this workout on a smooth surface.
- Using the core muscles, raise your hips towards the ceiling and slide your toes towards your hands. Do not bend the legs; keep it straight. Slowly move back to the initial plank position and repeat this exercise for 30 seconds.
Tips for flat stomach workout fast results
Along with the above workouts, you also need to take care of your diet for fruitful results. To get a flat belly and defined abs, you require toning up your entire body to eventually reduce your fat percentage. You must carry out the above workouts and make some simple changes to your lifestyle to achieve a healthy and fit body. Additional tips are mentioned below to help you get a flat belly when carried out and these effective workouts. These are the added advantages of your belly fat reduction program. You can surely see visible results when combined with stomach fat workouts.
- Avoid eating anything 2-3 hours before you go to sleep. As your body slows down during sleeping, it becomes difficult for the digestive system to work correctly.
- Always engage in physical activities such as walking, using stairs, lifting objects, etc. for your body’s frequent movement.
- Try to sleep for 7-8 hours as it can make your body relax and restore. With the required sleep, there are chances of hunger decrease.
- Add a healthy diet to your lifestyle that helps the stomach and minimizes the chance of fat accumulation. Eat protein, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, and healthy fats essential for your body.
- It would help if you took care of your gut health to influence your mood, weight, and inflammation levels. Thus, the intake of probiotic foods will maintain your gut health.
- Keeping body hydrated helps in flushing out your digestive system and helping you stay away from frequent hunger.
To sum up, core workouts are performed without using any equipment, so give you the desired results. You can see the visible improvements within a few weeks or months. If you have the objective of getting a flat stomach, then core exercises and a healthy lifestyle can help you. With the above core workouts, you can quickly achieve your goals. Please choose suitable ones and add them to your daily routine. Also, share this useful information with your family and friends.