The date is a tropical fruit of date palm trees. People from around the world use this as a dry fruit. Apart from having a balanced sweetness and fantastic taste, there are several health benefits of eating dates. Dates are full of nutrition, and for a lot of people, it is a staple food. In the mid-east and North America, local farmers grow and cultivate these fruits and export them worldwide. For an extended period, dates are famous among people because of the taste and benefits.
There are many health benefits of eating dates that you will want to add to your diet once you know about them. Even though the dry version of this fruit contains more calories than the fresh ones. Here is how dates can help you to stay healthy in various ways.
Beneficial sides of the date
Find out the reasons why you should consume dates regularly:
Enhancing treatment of Diabetes
Diabetes has become one of the most common health problems; at least three out of five people tend to have this problem. From mild to severe, the number of diabetic patients is beyond imagination, and the worst part is that it grows every moment. Such a disease emerges from unhealthy eating, mostly fast food in large amounts and excessive calories or sugar. Doctors usually use synthetic medication, oral medication, or insulin supplements as a combined treatment for Diabetes.
Such treatments cost a lot and are also very painful. Even after keeping all these disadvantages aside, there will still be another significant problem: the effect of these medicines. The medications used for treating Diabetes can have several harmful effects on the patient’s overall health condition. Dates, on the other hand, have several properties that help with reducing the diabetes level. Here is how dates reduce diabetes level
- Diabetes emerges when a person lacks at producing enough insulin. Dates have the properties in it that increase the production of insulin in the body. In medicinal treatment, doctors use synthetic medicines to do so, and for that date, works as a natural substitute.
- Increased production of insulin reduces the rate of glucose absorption. When the properties present in dates reduce the intestine’s excessive intake, it starts to reduce the glucose in the blood, reducing the diabetes level.
- Dates help diabetic patients to stay healthy for a long time as it has extracts that control lipid and glycemic activities in them.
- Dates can help reducing body weight.
The kidney is one of the essential organs in the human body; any dysfunction in the kidney can lead to several people who suffer from kidney failure and keep waiting for their kidney transplant. A person needs to have a healthy, functioning kidney to live a healthy life. It will help if there are dates in the daily diet of a person before it gets worse. Dates come with several properties that allow a person to keep the kidneys healthy for longer. When we talk about the health benefits of eating dates, it is essential to know various kinds of dates.
- Dates have properties present in it that help in the treatment of tubular damage occurring in the kidney.
- Ajwa is one kind of date that has features to keep organs healthy, even in tough situations. Amelioration creates ochratoxin nephrotoxicity, which causes lesions. Ajwa has properties that form a protective layer that reduces the injuries.
- Consuming dates help to keep the kidneys healthy as the extracts reduce the percentage of excessive urea and plasma creatinine in the kidney.
Reduces the risk of cancer
There are several health benefits of eating dates, but one of the most effective in reducing the risk of getting cancer or forming tumors. Cancer is the deadliest disease of all, and a lot of people worldwide suffer from it. People grow such conditions without even understanding, and by the time they get to know about it, it may be already reached the worse level. Treatment of cancer is way too expensive and painful. Sometimes people fail to survive through the painful diagnosis sessions. At the same time, most of the people fail to afford the treatments due to the cost.
- Abnormal multiplication of cells due to the presence of the mutation of generic matter forms a tumor. Research reveals that dates have beta D-glucan which enhances anti-tumor activities in the human body. Dates have properties that pick alkyl radicals and reduce the actions of CPY-450, which means dates have antigenotoxicity features. The antigenotoxicity prevents any effect of methane diazonium ion on DNA, which causes a mutation in generic matters.
- Since the antioxidant properties in dates reduce the free radicals, it means reduced chances of getting cancer.
Improving male fertility
A lot of males have infertility these days. Health benefits of eating dates help reduce the chances of toxicity the body, but it allows males to improve their fertility. Excessive use of gadgets means excessive exposure to radiation, smoking, drinking, etc. affects the sperm count and causes infertility. Dates have properties present in it that can treat male impotence.
- The presence of several vitamins and minerals makes dates a fruit that increases sperm count, but it also increases the sexual libido. Constituents such as sterols and estrone in date palm naturally treat male infertility.
- Medical research proves that dates help increase the size of male sex organs and breasts in females.
- There are amino acids like flavonoids that give males more energy for a better and more energetic performance.
Helps in Labor
During the delivery time, women who get cesarean delivery have to go through several troubles. Natural labor is the best option for mothers, but people hardly choose to do it these days. In natural delivery, the mother has to put a lot of pressure on delivery, which is painful and hard. In scientific research, researchers found that eating dates regularly during pregnancy reduces the rate of strength they need to put at the peak moment.
- Dates have properties that bind the receptors with the reducing effect of oxytocin during labor. The study says that if a pregnant woman consumes about 70 grams of dates during her pregnancy, she will have a smooth delivery with less pressure.
- Dates have natural sugar in it, which provides more energy to the woman during labor and highly concentrated tannins to facilitate contractions.
Fighting Microbial Infection
Microbial Infections are not something rare in people, but that is not the problem. The problem is the cure for such infections. Most of the time, bacterial infections need antibiotic treatments. Antibiotics might show significant recovery for the diseases, but it does not hide that such medications are costly and, most importantly, the side effects. Medicines come with loads of side effects that cause damage to the internal System of a human. Using a natural way to treat such bacterial infections can protect you from both physical and financial problems.
- Date pits and leaves have anti-bacterial extracts.
- The date palm has properties present in it that can fight against microbes like pneumonia and E-coli
- methylprednisolone like medicines brings several side effects on a person, and date extracts have properties to reduce those side effects.
- Date palms have methanol and acetone extracts that help to resist gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Date palms that grow in Iraq mostly have these extracts.
High in Nutrition
The date is a kind of fruit filled with several beneficial and essential vitamins and minerals. Consuming dates every day affects the entire health of a person. It contains a lot of nutrients in it, along with luxurious fiber and carb. Doctors say that it is one of the most potent and healthy food in the world.
It comes with a higher concentration of antioxidants. The productive antioxidant level helps with pulmonary, cardiac, and other dangerous diseases. Dates are full of antioxidants such as flavonoids, carotenoids, phenolic acids, etc.
- Phenolic acid has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, which help decrease the risk of cardiac issues and cancer.
- Carotenoids reduce the risk of heart diseases and macular degeneration.
- Flavonoids help treat diabetes, reducing the risk of getting Alzheimer’s or other brain degenerative diseases.
Strengthening the nervous system
One minor damage to the nervous system can create several problems in various body parts simultaneously. The nervous system is the controller of the body. It keeps the connection between all body parts. It needs the right amount of essential nutrition to make the entire system work smoothly. Fruits or food with significant potassium makes it easier for the system to keep the communication between nerve cells, whereas a diet with less sodium reduces hypertension risk. The date is a fruit rich in potassium and low in sodium, so it has to be the best for neurological health.
- Reduced chances of hypertension protect nerves from high blood pressure.
- The nervous system has a connection with several major parts, and any damage in it can cause danger to other systems. Dates keep everything in balance by keeping the nervous system healthy.
Helps with loss of hair
Admit it or not, we all like to see ourselves as presentable as possible every single time. Hair is an integral part of everyone when it comes to their outer look. A good hair day makes everything perfect. In such a condition, hair fall or hair loss has become a prevalent issue among people worldwide. Since there is a solution to everything, medical science made several ways to bring back the hair on your scalp. These kinds of hair treatments cost a lot, and they come with dangerous side effects.
- The date is a gift from nature that can solve almost all of the problems. Dates are full of iron, which makes it a great natural substitute for costly medications.
- The excessive amount of iron helps the blood flow be healthy and increases oxygen flow to the scalp. In this way, it helps the person to prevent falling of hair.
Helps with Vitamins
Deprivation of vitamin A causes night blindness in this condition. The person suffering from it finds it harder to see in low lights. A lot of people suffer from such a disease. Date palms are full of vitamin A in them; adding dates to the daily diet helps people cure conditions that occur due to lack of vitamin A, such as night blindness.
Dates have several essential vitamins in it. Taking vitamin supplements has become common in many people; the date will work fine as a vitamin supplement. Be it dried one or fresh; dates have loads of vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, etc. To keep the overall health safe, it will help if you add dates to your eating routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do dates help with weight loss and cholesterol levels?
- Dates have no cholesterol included in them. Also, the amount of fat it carries is very less. Consuming dates in a small amount every day is good for lowering cholesterol levels, and it helps with losing bodyweight.
Q. How do dates improve bone health?
- It needs various essential fibers such as manganese, magnesium, copper, selenium, etc. to keep our bones healthy. The benefits of eating dates are too much to explain. Dates are rich in such fibers, helping to improve bone health and prevent dangerous conditions like osteoporosis.
Q. Do dates help improving skin?
- Vitamins like vitamin C and D keeps the skin tight and smooth. Dates have these vitamins present in them, helping to improve skin texture and help with healing skin problems. It also has anti-aging properties in it.
A date can do wonders. There are thousands of benefits of eating dates. It provides the body with essential vitamins, minerals, and fibers or curing chronic diseases like diabetes, or even reducing the risk of deadly diseases like cancer. Adding a small number of dates to the everyday diet can protect from several issues and enhance positive health.