A peptide is a short chain of amino acids linked by a bond known as a peptide bond. When these short-chains are increased in number (about 50 or more) and form a complete structure, become proteins. They have various Uses of peptides in our body, cosmetics, and medications as well.
Peptide is mainly of three different types and Uses of peptides:
- On the basis of the number of amino acids present in it: Dipeptides (having 2 amino acids), tripeptides (3 amino acids), tetrapeptides (4 amino acids), oligopeptides (with few amino acids), and polypeptides with about 20 t0 50 amino acids.
- On the basis of the source i.e., from plants or animals.
- And on the basis of their function in our body.
Few peptides and their important functions in our body- Uses of peptides
Peptides USA have few essential functions in the human body, so a few of their functions are:
This peptide hormone is secreted in the hypothalamus (a small portion located at the base of our brain). It has a few important functions such as being responsible for the amount of water present in our body. This is done by absorbing water with the help of the kidney. When present in high quantity, vasopressin is known as a vasoconstrictor. It makes the blood vessels go narrow, and as a result, the blood pressure rises. This peptide is inhibited by the consumption of alcohol and makes one urinate more than usual.
This peptide hormone is secreted by the pituitary gland present in the brain. It is a chain of nine amino acids, it helps the uterus to contract during the birth of a child. It also has a vital role in the ejection reflex of milk during breastfeeding. It is also known as a cuddle or love hormone, as it is produced mainly when people snuggle up or bond socially.
These are the peptides active mainly in the immune system. They are antimicrobial and have the wound-healing ability.
These hormones are present in the renin-angiotensin system and help in the proper regulation of blood pressure. They also help in the secretion of aldosterone from the adrenal cortex and promote sodium retention by the kidney.
This peptide hormone help in controlling the amount of iron absorption in the human body. Their level in our body helps with the diagnosis of anemia.
- Many antimicrobial peptides are used in the treatment of conditions such as hepatitis C, pneumonia, HIV, and a few bacterial infections. These peptides are either taken orally or injected into our bodies.
Pros of Uses of peptides for skin treatments.
Peptides when used in a cosmetic product, are of three main types: signal peptides, carrier peptides, and one that sends the signal to the nerves. They have the property to be absorbed by our skin, which makes it easier to get into our bodies. Incorporation of peptides in our skincare routines is beneficial in various manners as follows:
- The skin barrier acting as a line of defense in our body against bacteria, pollution, and UV rays can be damaged. It is done through over-exploitation, exposure to pollution or cigarette smoke, or poor sleep, so peptides could help build up these barrier lines stronger.
- The collagen present in peptides has the ability to plump skin and lips. Firmer and plumper skin helps you hide wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.
- Peptides also make a kind of protein known as elastin fibers. These fibers make your skin firmer and tauter.
- It eases inflammation, helps repair your damaged skin, and makes your skin tone even.
- They also kill acne-causing bacteria.
- They also boost the production of collagen in your body which boosts the hydration process within you.
- Peptides rebuilt collagen and help you preserve the youthfulness of your skin.
Working of peptides as a vital component in cosmetics.
Even though our body already contains peptides, our skin keeps losing collagen while aging. So to resolve this issue, peptides trigger the production of more collagen and elastin in our body. This gives our skin a younger appearance. You can fine various peptides for Sale in the market. Research also says that peptides can perform multiple roles such as, hydrating, soothing, and making the skin look firmer. It penetrates the skin and produces collagen, which slows down the aging process and increases the flow of blood in your body.
You can start by selecting products that consist of peptides as a key ingredient in their composition. For maximum benefit, you can include it in your skincare routine, as these are mainly present in moisturizers, masks, serums, etc.
There is various peptide present in the market but you need to know that exactly which peptide do you need? You can use a topical serum that contains peptides that are beneficial for your skin and body. Dietary collagen peptides are also good for you as it has properties such as healing, skin repairing, and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. You should prefer a protein diet as they also contain a good amount of peptides in it.